Friday, July 19, 2013

Defense Mechanisms

Denial -

1. I used the defense mechanism of denial when I was in an unhealthy relationship that I knew that I should have gotten out of instead of staying in it. I did this because I was more comfortable staying in the situation than dealing with the outcome of breaking up.

Humor -

1. I use this most often because I would rather laugh something off than get upset about it. One time that happened was when someone broke my slipper while I was walking around and instead of getting mad because I had no other shoes, I made light of the situation and made fun of myself instead.

Displacement -

1. I used this once when I was frustrated with traffic at the airport and took out my anger towards that on my girlfriend instead. I did this because I was frustrated and didn't take the time to think about what I was really mad about.

No comments:

Post a Comment